Busy week before vacation

2 weeks ago was a crazy time for me. It was the week before vacation, which I couldn't mention because it was a surprise for Tiffani-and I didn't want to ruin it. So the week of the 10th I had 2 playdates for Lila, 3 therapy sessions for Lila, a Mom's Night Out, a fundraiser meeting for Junior League, a presentation to prepare for, laundry and packing for Lila and me, and last but not least a presentation to give at a statewide women's convention for Junior League . On Saturday morning I got up at 4:00 (AM) in order to leave at 5:20 for the convention. I got home around 7:30 that evening and got up again at 4:30 (AM) to leave for vacation on Sunday. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had a sinus and an upper respiratory infection during the week. Or at least I think it was during the week- I finally went to the doctor on Friday- my mom convinced me to go- and I left the doctor's office with 5 prescriptions. An antibiotic, a new inhaler, breathing treatments for the nebulizer, a steroid and a cough syrup with codeine. All week I'd been thinking that my allergies were irritating my asthma but I guess I was wrong. Lesson learned.

The presentation went well. Thanks to everyone for their input- I apreciated it and I used it. : )
Pam and I worked very well together- we shared two 30 minute sessions. Thankfully Pam took the lead as my voice was going in and out. She was awesome. I was humbled to be able to share information about our daughter and her impact on our lives. It was incredible. In addition I was thrilled that I wasn't even nervous. A miracle in itself.

My friend Pam and me


Mom's Night Out was fun- all of us mothers of kids with DS- a good turnout and yet we were missing quite a few! We are blessed to have such an amazing network of support.

Some of the girls

Vacation was awesome- we had an amazing time in Salt Lake City, Utah (where Nick had a meeting) and Jackson Hole, Wyoming~ visiting the ranch where Tiffani has worked for the past 2 summers. I will post pictures in the next few days- my bed is calling my name.

Hugs~

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Wow you've been busy! I'm so glad the presentation went well. You and Pam look gorgeous, btw.

    ReplyDelete