Thankfulness

It's Thanksgiving Day! I'm sitting here on my in-law's computer. Justin is sleeping in the room next to me and Tiffani is sleeping downstairs. My father-in-law keeps forgetting that I'm in the office and turning the light out. LOL My mother-in-law is in the kitchen making rugala. Nick is also in the kitchen, feeding Lila. We're all here, under the same roof, to celebrate Thanksgiving together. In a few minutes the oven will be free and I will make pecan pie for our dinner with Nick's family. We will head over to his sister's house and his brother's family will be there too.

So many people don't have these blessings. Some people are sick, some are in the hospital, some have to work, some are estranged from their families, some don't have families, some are homelesss, some don't have the money to buy food, some don't have heat in their homes, some are deployed. You get what I'm saying.

I'm so grateful for my parents and siblings today. Even though I miss them so much, I know they are together with their families. Having a brother and a brother-in-law in the military, along with a brother that just retired from the military, I'm also thankful that nobody in my family is deployed this year for the holidays.

That being said, I'm thankful for the men and women that are serving our country away from their families right now. May God keep them safe.

I'm grateful for my friends. I don't like being so far away from my family but having awesome friends really helps. I'm thankful that I have friends who truly care about me.

So many times I get caught up in my life-mostly Lila's delays, I guess. That steers me away from all the good things that are going on and everything I have to be thankful for. I am so blessed.

The oven is calling my name. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hugs~

Linda

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Linda and family! We truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great post. I am thankful for so many of those things, too, but you put it all into words so well.

    I am thankful for you and I love you! Happy Thanksgiving and have an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. Give everybody hugs from me! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Can I steal it? LOL. I'm grateful for you too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, we couldn't have said it better ourselves. We are all truly lucky to have our families and friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    ReplyDelete