Going to Texas

I am leaving for Texas on Thursday the 26th. I am so excited to be able to go down and see some of my family that lives there- I will miss my brother Roger but hope to catch him when we go back in April for Lila's spring break. My sister seems to be recovering well from her surgery- she got her test results and they found cancer cells in 3 of the 20 lymph nodes that they tested. She will start chemo in a month. She had 2 of her drain tubes removed yesterday- they left the one attached to her lymph node incision as it was still draining a little darker than it should have been. Thankfully that's already getting better.

I'm also thankful that I will be able to attend the memorial service of the husband of my former boss. It will be so nice to be there to support her and also to see some of my dear friends.

The main purpose of my visit to Texas is to fill my sister's freezer with some food. I'm not sure how long she will be having chemotherapy but I'd like to provide some meals for them during this period of time. If anyone has recipes for meals that freeze well, it would mean a lot if you would forward them to me. You can e-mail me at lindanargi1@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for all of your prayers, well wishes and support .


Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hey Linda ... I wonder if there is a way to get the recipes from Dinner Done. You could prepare meals like that and freeze them for her to throw in the oven.

    ReplyDelete