Baby steps

Lila hasn't been feeling that great so I debated with myself on whether or not to take her to her Physical Therapy appt. yesterday. When she woke up her nose was still running but she was happy and had a lot of energy so we decided to go. (Not to mention that if you don't cancel 24 hours before the appt. they charge you $50 which is a bit steep in my opinion.)

OF COURSE I didn't have my camera but here's what happened. Lila took 42 baby steps, walking with her therapist. Her therapist was only holding one of her hands. Usually if you try to get her to walk without holding both of her hands she takes about 3 steps before dropping to her knees. After a very cooperative therapy session, Lila took 81 baby steps walking back to the waiting room with- you guessed it- her therapist only holding one of her hands.

I admit it, I cried. And Carla, her therapist, was thrilled.


Linda


4 comments:

  1. Aww, that is awesome! She is so ready, you can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! That is so exciting. You must be beyond thrilled. What a superstar your Lila is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Perhaps I should leave my camera at home on Aidan's next visit...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's great, Lila!!! One-handed is awesome, and soooooo right around the corner from independent walking! And don't worry, once she starts she'll never look back...

    ReplyDelete